Services offered: Garden Coaching and Landscape Design with native-to-Michigan plants
Garden coaches discuss ways to improve your garden and help you be successful with your plants.
- Kimberly can help identify the plants you have or assist with areas that need a change. This services is for clients who want to do their own gardening and landscaping but need a little help. Kimberly will work with you to create a design that fits your lifestyle, and develop a maintenance schedule for you to follow.
Landscaping design using native-to-Michigan-flowers, grasses and shrubs.
- Choosing new plants specifically for your site, purchasing and installing those plants
- Referring “heavy shovel work” to local businesses
- Starting from scratch or augmenting the design that is already there
- Educating the home or business owner about monitoring the garden through establishment
- Revisiting during subsequent seasons as requested to ensure long term success.
How do we begin?
Once we've made an appointment, Kimberly will visit your space. Together we'll discuss your goals and budget.
If you're looking for a garden coach without a design plan, we'll discuss my hourly rates and your site specific needs.
If you want design work, Kimberly will prepare an estimate and basic plan. You approve that, and we'll set a timeline for the work. You'll pay 50% to start the project then we'll order the plants.
- Here are things to think about before the initial appointment for coaching or design:
- What would you like to change about your space to create the look you want?
- How do you feel about watering and about using fertilizers and herbicides on your property?
- Are you interested in a complete overhaul of an area? Learning how to work with what you have? Or somewhere in the middle of those ideas?
- Do you enjoy gardening as "nature therapy"?
- How do you use your yard in Michigan's warm months-do you entertain a lot? Have pets? Children?
- Do you have plants that evoke happy memories, or ones you'd like to keep for other reasons?
- After we've chosen a course of action, you will have the area prepared according to the plan specifications before planting day. If you cannot do the preparation work, we will discuss options.
- Best if you can be present on planting day, otherwise make arrangements for a trusted person to be available if questions arise.
- Once the work is complete, just follow the care instructions given and enjoy your garden.
- Kimberly will check in with you to see if you have questions or concerns after the project is complete, providing garden coaching as long as you need!